May’s Featured Speaker: Michele Hubler
The featured presenter will be FCAA member, Michele Hubler. She is a self-taught digital artist who uses only a stylus as her brush and an iPad as her canvas. She will discuss the variety of tools available to use with an i-pad, will show examples of her artistic creations, and she will also show some of the items she had created from her art onto wallpaper, I-phone covers, gift wrapping, coasters, and notebooks. She will share her plans to pursue art licensing in order to explore the numerous possibilities available in today’s market.
Michele began creating digital art in 2012 without the benefit of any formal training or art classes. Over time, she learned to apply the evolving technology to design a visual image on her i-pad that she says “is energetic, lyrical and vibrant. I design outside the norms of any formal structure or rigid technique – a freedom that permits me to grow in my journey of discovery.”
Her artwork consists largely of abstract floral designs. She says her garden and the expansive views of Long Island Sound at her Bridgeport home are a constant inspiration. Her work has appeared in numerous juried shows, including Digital Art Technology Nation Exhibit, Westport Downtown Merchants’ “Art About Town”, Ridgefield Guild of Artists. It can be seen on www.areaartists.com a website of work by exceptional artists juried for buyers to see. Michele will have her work in the Kershner Gallery with 2 other artists some time in 2018.
Following the presentation there will be refreshments and a viewing of any artwork brought to the meeting by members.
April/May Member News
- Welcome to new member, Patricia Omonte.
- Marjorie had work in Ridgefield Guild juried photo show and in Ridgefield Art Center juried show in March, Weston Library in April.
- Lee had a photograph in the BRAG show at Fairfield University Bookstore.
- Noreen is in SPAG show in Norwalk.
- Joel got Honorable Mention in Rowayton exhibit in March, had a solo show at Weston Senior Center, is in Salamagundi show this month.
Shows & Calls for Entry
ART/PLACE GALLERY: 70 Sanford St, Fairfield www.artplacegallery.org.
- Sight-Lines, paintings by members, Susanne Keany and Mollie Keller until 5/14.
- In Time, In Shadow, paintings by members, Cate M. Leach and Paul Larson.
Reception and artist talk 5/21, show 5/15-6/18.
KERSHNER GALLERY: Fairfield Library, 1080 Old Post Rd. 203-256-3155 www.fairfieldpubliclibrary.org
- An Artful Mix, work by Jeffrey Starkes, William Meddick and Carlos Frias until 5/29.
EASTON ARTS GALLERY: 691 Morehouse Rd., Easton
- Juried Show May 10 through June 10. Reception 5/20 from 7:00p to 10:00p