NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, October 19 at 7-9 pm at Roger Ludlowe Middle School Library., 689 Unquowa Rd. in Fairfield. Anyone may attend one meeting at no charge before deciding whether to become a member of FCAA. After that, the cost is $5 per meeting.
The featured presenter will be Stratford mixed media artist and interior designer, DONNA OSTERLY-BRIEN. She studied and teaches Intuitive Process Painting and will show examples of her work and discuss and explain the impact this discipline has had on her personal approach to life. She will try to entice attendees to begin their own Intuitive Process Journal by offering some tools in the form of ideas and materials.
Donna bases her ideas on Painting Your Way Out of a Corner by Barbara Diane Barry, with whom she has studied. Her artwork reflects her experience in graphics, color study, intuitive art, spiritual studies and an interior design career. She is a graduate of Parsons School of Design.
Donna hosted salons for local creative artists in Greenwich and held classes for urban youth in her studio in New Jersey. She has an installation at New Rochelle College, had a solo show at the Bruce Museum and at several venues in New Jersey, where she won Best in Show. Group shows include Greenwich Art Society, Art of the Northeast in Silvermine, and the Serendipity Gallery in Litchfield.
Donna is a member of Westport Art Center; BRAG and the Stamford Art Association. She says, “When painting, I try to approach the canvas without any preconceived idea. I create spontaneous areas of marks and color, then discover shapes as they appear. The shapes often reveal themselves as human images. As I bring the characters to life I simultaneously create worlds for them to inhabit…”
There will be refreshments and a viewing of any artwork brought to the meeting by members, one per person.
Condolences to Meta on the loss of her husband.
Call For Art
There will be an FCAA Member Show at Independence Hall 11/29/16 to 1/27/17. Receiving date is 11/29 for up to 2 wall pieces. Area artists may apply. Reception is 12/1.
Click for Entry Form
Future Meetings. These are all on a Wednesday but not necessarily the 2nd week of the month, due to limitations set by the school activities and closings:
Oct 19 RLMS DONNA BRIEN free expression
Nov 9 RLMS DMITRI WRIGHT painting
Dec 1 Independence Hall show and reception, no meetings
Jan show continues, no meeting
Feb 8 RLMS TRACE BURROUGHS digital art
Mar 8 RLMS Jahmane West painting
April 5 RLMS NANCY MOORE painting
May 3 RLMS MICHELE HUBER FCAA member, stylus paintings on computer
June 14 RLMS Dr. Philip Eras painting
July Ice Cream Social
- Kershner Gallery, Reception for photos of Caryl Stern and paintings of Amy Bock, and Clyde Watson, 10/8 at 4:30-6:30 pm. Talk by artists 5:30. Show 10/1-11/13. Fairfield Library, 1080 Old Post Rd. 203-256-3155 www.fairfieldpubliclibrary.org
- The Nest, Reception for FCAA members, 10/8 at 2-4 pm. Show until 11/4. 1720 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport.
- Pequot Library Annual show 10/13-18, 720 Pequot Ave, Southport. www.pequotlibrary.org 203-259-0346.
- Ferguson Library Structures and Patterns, SAA show until Jan. www.fergusonlibrary.org
- SAA Faber Birren Color show to 10/27. 39 Franklin St, Stamford. 203-325-1139 www.stamfordartassociation.org .
- Atria reception for solo show of work by Linda 10/6 at 5-7 pm. Ledge Road, Darien.
- Firehouse Gallery for Splash of Color until 10/28. 81 Naugatuck Ave, Milford. www.milfordarts.org 203-878-6647.