October’s Featured Speaker: DeAnn Prosia
Newtown resident, DeAnn L. Prosia, will demonstrate combining watercolors and colored pencils with drawing and rich layering, textures and movement. She will start by laying down a loose watercolor painting, then drawing an image on top.
DeAnn has been creating artworks for over 25 years. Her watercolors have been featured in magazines, and her prints in collections in Europe and America. She is listed in Marquis Who’s Who in American Art, is an elected member of Allied Artists of America, an Associate member with the Audubon Artists, an Associate with Distinction with the American Women Artists as well as a member with The Boston Printmakers and Society of American Graphic Artists, among others.
She says of her work: “I love to draw. I had been creating etchings for over 20 years before I decided that I wanted to try my hand at color and a move to Germany gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. Finding inspiration was easy especially when I happened upon the works of Raoul Dufy. His loose hand made me want to be able to take a break from the tight lines in my etchings and explore. The result is a burst of color with a more abstract style.”
Following the presentation there will be refreshments and a viewing of any artwork brought to the meeting by members.
October Member News
- LINDA has a solo show at Atria Darien, 50 Ledge Road, Darien , CT 203-662-1090. Reception is 10/5 at 5-7 pm., show 10/2-31.
- SUSAN will be displaying and selling her artwork and handmade greeting cards at Artisans Fair/ Farmers Market, at Quinnapiac University on Saturday Oct. 14.
FCAA Needs a New Logo
FCAA is looking for a new logo. This must be an original image, suitable for print and web. We would like to use our complete name: Fairfield County Arts Association with maybe a simple incorporated image. Send your ideas to Eve.
Shows & Calls for Entry
Thanks to our new Exhibit chairperson, PATTY, FCAA members will have the following opportunities to show their work. ALICE has also arranged for a show at Independence Hall.
- Greens Farms Church in Westport, 10/28-12/1 Theme of the show is “The Power of Color” at $20 for up to 2 wall pieces. Receiving is 10/23 and 24. (Please send Patty jpeg images or email of what you plan to put in the show with title and size by 9/25. Entry form can be downloaded from our website)
- Independence Hall in Fairfield, 12/1-1/11. Receiving and Hanging 11/30. Reception 12/21.
- Fairfield University Bookstore 3/1. Information later on.
Meeting Dates for FCAA presentations…all Wednesdays, all Roger Ludlowe Middle School except for December
- Nov 15 Dave Pressler 3-D digital art (Team Rm 292)
- Dec 21 FCAA art show reception (Independence Hall)
- Jan 17 Steve Parton oil portraits (Library)
- Feb 21 Michael Brennecke, abstract painting (Library)
- Mar 21 Katya Lebrija acrylic painting (Team Rm 292)
- Apr 18 Katheryn Gray landscapes (Team Rm 292)
- May 16 Marjorie Poe Chinese brush painting (Team Rm 292)
- June 6 Antonia Tye Peeples ocean waves (Team Rm 292)