Click to see photos from our current exhibits
NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, November 9 at 7-9 pm at Roger Ludlowe Middle School Library., 689 Unquowa Rd. in Fairfield. Anyone may attend one meeting at no charge before deciding whether to become a member of FCAA. After that, the cost is $5 per meeting.
The featured presenter will be Greenwich impressionist painter, Dmitri Wright discussing “.Impressionism Light & Color” and showing images of his paintings.
Dmitri won scholarships to the Brooklyn Museum Art School and to Cooper Union. He has exhibited his paintings in many area galleries and museums and is housed in hundreds of collections in this country and in Japan, China, and Italy.
Dmitri says, “My work embodies the Impressionist method in integrating the symbolic and expressionist schools with my vision and training rooted in the classics … It is an inventive shorthand looking to contain the 3 components of the rhythmic energy of impressionism: sensitivity, tempo, and charge…My color selection is based upon my plein air experience of working in an intensity and movement of the light of France’s Provence Cote d’Azur, and in Italy’s Lazio, Tuscany and Umbria, and New England’s coastal regions.” He says he seeks to complete his paintings “in the moment of the experience where the environment of light through colors are dreamt into existence, … thereby creating a freshness of an American Impressionist piece.”
There will be refreshments and a viewing of any artwork brought to the meeting by members, one per person.
Call For Art
There will be an FCAA Member Show at Independence Hall 11/29/16 to 1/27/17. Receiving date is 11/29 from 12 until 2pm. Hanging is 12-3. Please contact Alice with questions.
Click for Entry Form
Committee People Needed
Exhibits…contact venues, set up shows
Membership…greet new members, get contact info from meeting guests
Hospitality…send card to ill, bereaved members
Flyers…design and print as needed
Future Meetings. These are all on a Wednesday but not necessarily the 2nd week of the month, due to limitations set by the school activities and closings:
Dec 1 Independence Hall show and reception, no meetings
Jan show continues, no meeting
Feb 8 RLMS TRACE BURROUGHS digital art
Mar 8 RLMS Jahmane West painting
April 5 RLMS NANCY MOORE painting
May 3 RLMS MICHELE HUBER FCAA member, stylus paintings on computer
June 14 RLMS Dr. Philip Eras painting
July Ice Cream Social
- FCAA at The NEST until 11/4. 1720 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport.
- Kershner Gallery, Reception for photos of Caryl Stern and paintings of Amy Bock, and Clyde Watson, 10/8 at 4:30-6:30 pm. Talk by artists 5:30. Show 10/1-11/13. Fairfield Library, 1080 Old Post Rd. 203-256-3155 www.fairfieldpubliclibrary.org
- Ferguson Library Structures and Patterns, SAA show until Jan. www.fergusonlibrary.org
- SAA Faber Birren Color show to 10/27. 39 Franklin St, Stamford. 203-325-1139 www.stamfordartassociation.org .
- Atria reception for solo show of work by Linda 10/6 at 5-7 pm. Ledge Road, Darien.
- Firehouse Gallery for Splash of Color until 10/28. 81 Naugatuck Ave, Milford. www.milfordarts.org 203-878-6647.